Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I really must say that the market this week sucks. I haven't been able to find anything much to apply for and then what I did manage to find and apply for I haven't heard anything back. I'm not sweating it yet as I do have some back up stuff and enough work to make it through this week but if I don't find something next week, you may start to see me stress.

This does bring up a good topic though. You must really have some back up work in place as a freelance writer. Otherwise you are going to not be able to make the money that you want or need to make. I'm glad that this is something that I've learned a long time ago. While I do write for Associated Content and I also have another, non writing related, business. It has to do with taking care of the Earth while also caring for your own health. If you'd like to own your own business I suggest you check this one out.

Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. I think I may post some ads and email my clients that I haven't heard from in a while so that I can drum up some business around here.

Good luck!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Brenda,

I feel your pain. I've also been in that same situation. I find it's best to be able to secure two or more ongoing gigs. Keeps the cash coming in during the lean times.

Good luck on the search!

Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

Yes, that's what I'd love to be able to do Lori. Unfortunately the ones I find are permanent for only a few weeks before they say they don't need any more articles. Do you have any tips on finding good, permanent jobs?